[flashrom] undetected board

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 10 14:28:59 CET 2010

Hi Gürkan,

thanks for your report. It seems we have to add a few Intel PCI IDs to
our table of supported chipsets.

On 10.03.2010 13:48, Gürkan Sengün wrote:
> flashrom v0.9.1-r873
> No coreboot table found.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
> WARNING: No chipset found. Flash detection will most likely fail.

lspci:
> 00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 5 Series Chipset LPC Interface Controller [8086:3b02] (rev 05)

Ah yes, that PCI ID is indeed still missing. I have a list of IDs to
add, we just have to find someone who's willing to cross-check that list
against the public datasheets.

superiotool:
> superiotool r3844
> No Super I/O found

Now this is a bit strange. Do you see a chance to find out which
SuperI/O chip is present on that board? If that's not possible, could
you run latest superiotool from svn? The log suggests that none of the
probe sequences got any interesting response.

"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."
-- Donald E. Knuth