[flashrom] Problem flashing a ASUS A6000 Notebook BIOS. Can you please help me?

Matteo Laffranchi mtl at libero.it
Mon Feb 15 14:26:54 CET 2010

Hi! Sorry to bother you, but I'm having big trouble trying to flash my
notebook BIOS.

I have an old Asus A6000 A6VC notebook.

Here is the problem: my PC cannot boot Windows anymore (viruses), in
normal and safe mode RPCSS locks and I can't reach my Desktop.

For an unknown reason (virus? faulty BIOS?) my PC ignores bootable CDs,
even if I change the boot order in the BIOS putting CD/DVDs at the top.
I tried different CDs, Windows and Linux, but nothing works.
I can only manage to use bootable USB pens, so I'm triyng Xubuntu to
flash my BIOS and try to solve the problem.

Today I installed flashrom like this:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install flashrom

And everything's fine. I downloaded the original BIOS from here:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

The problem is this: I cannot write the BIOS correctly. I used this command
sudo flashrom -r current_image.img
sudo flashrom -w A6VCAS.205

The result is in "terminal.txt".

My notebook is still "ON". Please help me!

An attachment has been stripped: current_rom.img
An attachment has been stripped: A6VCAS.205