[flashrom] ga-m59sli-s4

Joshua Roys roysjosh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 15:32:22 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Dobai-Pataky Bálint <dpblnt at gmail.com> wrote:
> If i overwrite my ethernet address, is that the MAC address?
> How can i revert it after a bios upgrade with flashrom?

Yes.  If you notice it's changed when you first boot into your new
BIOS (via `ifconfig' or something else) you will probably want to
flash the old BIOS.  You can simply `flashrom -Vw oldbios.rom' -
although please note that you may have to clear the CMOS, where the
BIOS stores settings.  You know you will have to do this if after
downgrading, the computer fails to successfully boot.  This happened
to me a bit ago.  Basically you turn the computer off, unplug it, find
the battery on the motherboard and remove it for about a minute.  Put
it back in, turn it on, and then you may want to set the clock in the
BIOS to the correct time, and any other settings you previously set.

> What version of flashrom against is this patch generated?
> Is it 0.9.2?

SVN.  There are instructions here: http://www.flashrom.org/Downloads

Josh