[flashrom] ga-m59sli-s4

Dobai-Pataky Bálint dpblnt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 16:21:17 CEST 2010

  Hi,
Here is the result:
reading:
flashrom -r /tmp/bios.old
flashrom v0.9.2-runknown on Linux 2.6.35-gentoo (x86_64), built with
libpci 3.1.7, GCC 4.4.4, little endian
flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
No coreboot table found.
sh: dmidecode: command not found
dmidecode execution unsucessfull - continuing without DMI info
Found ITE Super I/O, id 8716
Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP55", enabling flash write... OK.
This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
Found chip "SST SST49LF040B" (512 KB, LPC) at physical address 0xfff80000.
===
This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: ERASE WRITE
The test status of this chip may have been updated in the latest development
version of flashrom. If you are running the latest development version,
please email a report to flashrom at flashrom.org if any of the above
operations
work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the flashrom
output with the additional -V option for all operations you tested (-V, -Vr,
-Vw, -VE), and mention which mainboard or programmer you tested.
Thanks for your help!
===
Reading flash... done.

writing:
flashrom -w
/mnt/storage/download/ga-m59sli-s4/motherboard_bios_ga-m59sli-s4_f5/m59slis4.f5

[...]

Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
Writing flash chip... Erasing flash chip... SUCCESS.
Programming page: DONE!ss: 0x0007f000
COMPLETE.
Verifying flash... VERIFIED.

i read it again and md5summed against the source i wrote in, and they
match, so i guess it's ok.
i'll reboot.

thank you,
Balint