[flashrom] Flashrom MSI KT4V support.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Thu Oct 22 01:44:42 CEST 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 06:33:11PM -0700, Sean Nelson wrote:
> the "anomaly" is the code for my board to enable flash writing. That's
> the reason why it's has it's own board enable arguments in flashrom.
>
> Sadly I don't remember what I did with the board since I upgraded the
> machine to a NForce4 set. If I find it, i'll try to send you the dumps
> you need.
>
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be> wrote:
> > Hi Sean,
> >
> > I have some questions about your kt4v/kt4ultra board enable:
> >
> > 1) I am about to move some code from many vt823x based board
> > enables to the chipset enable. Your board enable has some "similar"
> > code, but not quite, and it now forms the only anomaly.
> >
> > Can you send me the output of:
> >  dd if=/dev/mem of=/tmp/kt4v_system.rom bs=64k count=1 skip=15
> > so i can have a dig through the top segment of your AMI BIOS to verify
> > this code?
> >
> > 2) I am about to tighten up the board enable matching table.
> >  * both the coreboot ids will disappear.
> >  * we need a second set for the kt4v.
> >  Can you send in lspci -vvnnxxx on both boards?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Luc Verhaegen.

The anomalies are the following:

* it touches the register that vt823x based board enables often touch.
but instead of clearing the 1 bit, it clears all except two.
* it provides coreboot ids while it can match the one board just fine.
* it provides no full set of pciids for the second board.

Luc Verhaegen.