[flashrom] BIOS Flash Help

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 27 13:08:37 CET 2009

[Please keep flashrom at flashrom.org in CC so others can learn as well.
Thanks.]

On 27.11.2009 04:29, Cory Cline wrote:
> This is indeed a laptop.  I did not realize the limitations extended that far.  With all my research, I should of known that.

Hey, it's not your fault that you own a laptop.

> So if it's not too much to ask, how should I go about this flash?  And to be clear, I dont want anyone to do it for me.  I only wish someone to teach me to fish as the saying goes.

We are happy about everyone who wants to join flashrom development. That
said, adding support for your embedded controller (if flash really is
connected to it, and it looks like it is) is not an easy project. We
usually recommend easy starter projects to get familiar with flashrom.

Here is a writeup about how to add support for your laptop. I created it
right now, and decided to publish it in the wiki so others can read it
as well.
http://www.flashrom.org/Supported_hardware#Unsupported_Laptops.2FNotebooks.2FNetbooks

Developer quote of the month:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."