[coreboot] USB 2.0 EHCI debug dongle doesn't print logs (at Lenovo G505S)

Ivan Ivanov qmastery16 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 23:50:18 CEST 2018

Thank you for spkmodem comments, now I'm trying out a more reliable
way - FT232H dongle - to extract the logs from AMD Lenovo G505S. I
plug it into the correct port - USB 2.0 at laptop's right side.
However it doesn't print anything except this short test message:
--- /* Perform a small write. */
--- ret = dbgp_bulk_write_x(&pipe[DBGP_CONSOLE_EPOUT], "USB\r\n", 5);
------ line 322 of ./coreboot/src/drivers/usb/gadget.c

Thinking that it breaks during the relocation from romstage to
ramstage (migrate_ehci_debug function at ehci_debug.c ?) , I disabled
CONFIG_USBDEBUG_IN_ROMSTAGE - but the results are the same: only "USB"
message. I could see
--- dprintk(BIOS_INFO, "Test write done\n");
------ line 328 of ./coreboot/src/drivers/usb/gadget.c
at cbmem logs, but even that doesn't get copied to FT232H output.

Please could you take a look at my coreboot .config and cbmem logs,
what if this FT232H dongle doesn't get selected as console output for
some reason? CONFIG_CONSOLE_CBMEM is still enabled, but maybe I should
disable it?

Best regards,
Ivan Ivanov