[coreboot] Lenovo G505S - spkmodem console sound, is correct? Please listen and tell

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Sep 28 00:36:47 CEST 2018

Ivan Ivanov wrote:
> If you've ever heard the spkmodem output, please could you try to
> decode this stuff if its' easy for you, or at least to tell if it
> sounds OK or not?

It sounds somehow like I remember spkmodem, but the file is very low
amplitude (too quiet) and I can't confirm whether the signal is the
correct speed.

I've only received spkmodem successfully with the microphone right
next to the speaker - moving the mic only a few cm lost signal.

Note that spkmodem-recv requires 48k s16le mono PCM.

I tried decoding, resampling and normalizing the ogg file without success
so I suggest increasing amplitude at the source; move the mic closer to
the speaker and use the parecord | spkmodem-recv command as documented
in spkmodem-recv.c. Make sure to set your mic input volume to 0dB (and
not higher!) so that you get the best possible signal, without attenuation.

//Peter