[coreboot] flashrom and 256 MiB S256FL256S

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Thu Sep 27 22:10:23 CEST 2018

Ah, dediprog... you happen to have the one programmer that is hard to
support.

On 9/27/18 9:49 PM, ron minnich wrote:
> hmm, is this useful?
>
> Found Spansion flash chip "S25FL256S......0" (32768 kB, SPI) on dediprog.
> Erasing and writing flash chip... 4-byte address requested but master can't
> handle 4-byte addresses.

That is expected, native 4-byte instructions are tried first but they
are not implemented yet for dediprog. It should fall back to another
instruction though. Unless the dediprog resets the chip between in-
structions, it should actually work. Though, David seemed to have
trouble with that too, I didn't test it myself yet.

> Looking for another erase function.

Can you please just post the whole log (best taken with -o logfile).

Nico