[coreboot] Coreboot for Apollolake

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:18:11 CEST 2018

Hi Antony,
There are a few components which compose a complete firmware image for
Intel platforms: coreboot, FSP, microcode, management engine blob, and
flash descriptor are the most common ones.

For the flash descriptor, refer to the Apollo Lake SoC SPI and signed
Master Image Profile (SMIP) Programming Guide, docid 559702. Chapter 4
explains the flash descriptor for Apollo Lake in detail.

Once you have created a flash descriptor, you can add it to the firmware
image using coreboot's config system (under "Chipset").