[coreboot] Kabylake unable to boot with post code 0x71 "SGX: pre-conditions not met"

Jose Trujillo ce.autom at protonmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:29:13 CEST 2018

Dear coreboot engineers:

Right now I am stuck with a Kabylake system with the following message:
CPU #1 initialized
apic_id: 0x06 done.
microcode: updated to revision 0x8d date=2018-01-21
CPU #3 initialized
bsp_do_flight_plan done after 220 msecs.
CPU: frequency set to 3600 MHz
Enabling SMIs.
Locking SMM.
VMX : param.enable = 0
VMX: pre-conditions not met
SGX: pre-conditions not met
VMX: pre-conditions not met
VMX: pre-conditions not met
SGX: pre-conditions not met
SGX: pre-conditions not met
VMX: pre-conditions not met
SGX: pre-conditions not met
POST: 0x71

May be some configuration is missing and I am trying to find this out myself but if someone of you can give a hint on how to resolve it I will be grateful.

Attached is the full serial dump.

Thank you,
Jose Trujillo