[coreboot] T450S + Coreboot

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Sep 8 20:31:16 CEST 2018

Youness Alaoui wrote:
> So, back to the ME, we know exactly what it does, it's all extremely
> well documented and explained

I disagree with this.

It is absolutely true that *some* of what the ME does is extremely well
documented and explained by the vendor, web services APIs and all, but
I would argue that in fact *most* of what the ME does is *not* documented
by the vendor, nor by independent research.

Since the ME is colocated with the x86 VM host, has access to all x86 VM
memory *and* is a proprietary machine or subsystem I actually don't
believe that we will ever "know exactly what it does".

> Now the problem is that it's closed source, and not user controlled

Right.

//Peter