[coreboot] MRC in coreboot

Aaron Durbin adurbin at google.com
Wed Sep 5 16:09:28 CEST 2018

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 8:06 AM Antony AbeePrakash X V
<AntonyAbee.PrakashXV at lnttechservices.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We are developing coreboot for Apollo lake custom board.  MRC training data save is enabled in FSP using Binary configuration tool.
>

> But we are getting logs like,
>

> No MRC cache found.
>
> MRC SeCUmaSize memory size from SeC ... 0
>
> MRC Parameters not valid. Status is Success
>
> MRC:CpuMemoryTest Successful!
>
> Saving MRC data using CSE through HECI interface

I have never seen this path used in coreboot. This line above is
saying CSE is responsible for saving and retrieving training data. In
coreboot we use the main processor to save and restore. I suggest
reading over the UPD parameters and ensure they match with our typical
use cases. BCT tool enabling 'training data save' sounds like it's
enabling CSE path.