[coreboot] GSOC submission

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Thu Nov 29 15:13:48 CET 2018

I was planning to apply this year, let's see what comes of it.
Thank you for the list of project ideas, very valuable!

Patrick

Am Do., 29. Nov. 2018 um 15:04 Uhr schrieb Arthur Heymans <
arthur at aheymans.xyz>:

> Hi
>
> It has been a few years since coreboot (or flashrom) applied for Google
> Summer Of Code. In 2019 the applications for organizations open on
> january 2019 and student applications on March 25.
>
> I think it would be great if the coreboot project could apply in 2019,
> as doing so has been very valuable for the project in the past.
>
> I don't really know the full set of requirements and procedures, but I
> think it could be worthwhile to start thinking about project ideas.
>
> A few ideas were already suggested on IRC on freenode #coreboot:
> - 64bit x86 ramstage (hard)
> - documented microcode update methods and write a tool that generates a
> webpage which microcodes are included in coreboot (easy)
> - nvidea optimus support (medium)
> - QEMU power9 support / initial openpower support (hard I guess?)
> - Rework device resource allocation to support 64bit BAR (relatively
> hard)
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Arthur Heymans
>
> --

Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado