[coreboot] Supported Motherboards

Angel Pons th3fanbus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 19:41:35 CET 2018

Hello,

Currently board_status only lists the main variant for each board,
which means boards with variants (which may be somewhat different) are
not listed there.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 5:39 PM kinky_nekoboi
<kinky_nekoboi at bluetardis.de> wrote:

> as far as i know it uses xen? so you need AMD-V or Intel VT-x + VT-d
> i think and sandy/ivy bridge platform with fsp blob would fit this needs best
> there is the asus maximus ... and there is the T520 with a vpro cpu with feeds this needs best i guess

Sandybridge (SNB) and Ivybridge (IVB) have blob-free coreboot. It is
working well enough to replace the FSP version. (see [1])

There are some more SNB/IVB boards: I have a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV and
an Asus P8H61-M PRO, I ported coreboot to both. There is also
autoport, which means porting SNB/IVB boards to coreboot is much
easier.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 7:11 PM Kinky Nekoboi
<kinky_nekoboi at bluetardis.de> wrote:

> kinda... the wiki and the supported board lists are maintained by devs in their freetime i guess so it is not always 100% up to date.
>
> u can see all target board currently supported (more or less ) in the nconfig build menu while compieling coreboot.

The board_status page is updated automatically. The wiki, however, is
not. It is read-only as well since documentation is being moved to
[2].

Best regards,

Angel Pons Pons

[1]: https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/29402