[coreboot] Minnowboard

Daniel Wagner wagi at monom.org
Wed Mar 21 12:47:49 CET 2018

Hi,

I would like to test my -rt kernels releases on the minnowboard. Though
cyclictest always reports 2 to 4 ms spikes. It looks like that the
original firmware is stealing those cycles. So my plan was to try out
coreboot and see if my theory is correct or not.

Now, I am struggling with getting anything working. All my attempts to
bake a working binary have been completely fruitless. Not a single char
on the serial port. If I would at least get something on the serial port
I could find my way through the maze.

I am confident that flashing the device is works correctly via my
raspberry pi [2]. When I flash the original firmware, the device comes
back to live again.

Unfortunately, the documentation on how to configure and build coreboot
a bit outdated [1]. My google-foo didn't help either.

Could someone share his/her current config and also post the SHAs of
coreboot? This would rule out that part. I am not sure if my binary
blobs I extracted or downloaded are okay (fd, me, gbe, FSB).

Thanks,
Daniel

[1] https://elinux.org/Minnowboard:MinnowMaxCoreboot
[2]