[coreboot] RISC-V HiFive Unleashed board added to coreboot - has PCI-e slots via exp board

Jonathan Neuschäfer j.neuschaefer at gmx.net
Mon Jun 25 09:01:30 CEST 2018

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 11:28:11PM +0200, Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lets do some speculation that some off the shelf DDR memory controller is used.

Probably.

> Maybe it could be same as the RockChip aka Denali High-Speed DDR PHY IP from Cadence?
> It has also some "interrupt status" bits and such and "bstlen" which sounds same as the few
> regs named as the documentation.

I haven't compared the register maps, and I'm not familiar with other
controllers, this sounds like a good lead.

If this is the Denali DDR controller, do you think it would be possible
to simply read the initial configuration out of the registers of a
booted system?  (In any case, that's probably worth trying.)

Jonathan Neuschäfer