[coreboot] What happened to the Option ROM options?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Thu Jun 21 23:09:39 CEST 2018

On 06/21/2018 04:51 AM, Nico Huber wrote:
> On 21.06.2018 03:47, Taiidan at gmx.com wrote:
>> Ah oops overlooked this.
>> https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/coreboot/+/2531/
>>
>> Paging ron minnich! It seems at the end of the comments various people
>> note the mistake however it never got fixed.
>
> There is no mistake here. The change was only a little ahead of its
> time. There was limited support for non-VGA option ROMs but that was
> not working well and SeaBIOS has better support for it. Since [1],
> coreboot only executes the option ROMs of VGA devices. The later
> changes you noticed only fix the Kconfig options to reflect that.
Ah thanks for the info.

But what about initializing non-integrated PCI-e graphics devices on a
board that has native graphics init (where the option doesn't appear)
and being able to choose the various YABEL options?

> So if you need non-VGA option ROMs, consider using SeaBIOS.
>
>> If this is a mistake I will require someone else to fix it as I am not
>> allowed to contribute on gerrit.
>
> You are free to contribute. And if you had listened in the last discus-
> sion about our sign-off procedure, you would know that even you can do
> so without sacrifice.

Could you please provide a link for that? I always read all the replies
but I hadn't noticed anything about being able to sidestep the
requirement to use your "real" name.