[coreboot] What happened to the Option ROM options?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Thu Jun 21 10:51:38 CEST 2018

On 21.06.2018 03:47, Taiidan at gmx.com wrote:
> Ah oops overlooked this.
> https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/coreboot/+/2531/
>
> Paging ron minnich! It seems at the end of the comments various people
> note the mistake however it never got fixed.

There is no mistake here. The change was only a little ahead of its
time. There was limited support for non-VGA option ROMs but that was
not working well and SeaBIOS has better support for it. Since [1],
coreboot only executes the option ROMs of VGA devices. The later
changes you noticed only fix the Kconfig options to reflect that.

So if you need non-VGA option ROMs, consider using SeaBIOS.

> If this is a mistake I will require someone else to fix it as I am not
> allowed to contribute on gerrit.

You are free to contribute. And if you had listened in the last discus-
sion about our sign-off procedure, you would know that even you can do
so without sacrifice.

Nico

[1] https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/coreboot/+/4545/