[coreboot] Problem with W83627DHG in Baytrail I (Possible IRQ conflict or overlapped SOC legacy COM1)

Jose Trujillo ce.autom at protonmail.com
Sat Jun 9 18:38:09 CEST 2018

Dear Rudolf/All,

Today I tried several things to try to make COM1 to work unsuccessfully.

In my last test today I crossed the COM configuration from:

COM1 (not working)        COM2 (OK)
0x3f8, IRQ4                      0x2f8, IRQ3

to:

0x3f8, IRQ3                     0x2f8, IRQ4      (Both not working)

My conclusion (I coudl be wrong) on this is that both resources 0x3f8, IRQ4 (COM1) are being used by coreboot or FSP.

Anyone could give me a hint how to release those resources to be used by my LPC SIO chip.

Thank you.
J. Trujillo