[coreboot] KGPE-D16: Trouble using three PCIe cards simultaneously

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Fri Jun 8 01:43:08 CEST 2018

Did you get my email? can you provide a:
dmesg
# lspci -t -v
# lspci -vv

Thanks

Most quad adapters use PCI-e bifurcation not a PCI-e switch and AFAIK
not many boards support bifurcation so you would need a switched model
which you might have (I am not sure) if you do have a switched card I
would also contact the OEM as there shouldn't be any reason as to why it
doesn't work.

Not having PCI-e 3.0 wouldn't make a difference at all in terms of the
card working with all 4 cards and if the cards uplink is PCI-e 2.0 x8 or
x16 you won't notice a difference in speed.

VROC is an optional wintel gimmick addon that shouldn't be required for
it to work - if you could link a .pdf manual I will find out if it is
switched or bifurcated.