[coreboot] I want to be a contributor

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Thu Jan 18 21:26:43 CET 2018

On 01/18/2018 07:08 AM, 戴,曉政 via coreboot wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I hope I can be a contributor in coreboot so I plan buy a mainboard and use tiano core to port it. Maybe ASUS P2B is a good idea
Isn't that board is from 1999? I don't think that would be useful.

I suggest the H8SCM ported to coreboot's native fam15h init, as you can
pick one up for $30, they support IOMMU and the old but still fast
enough to be useful C32 Opteron's.
> but I have some question.
> 1. EC code doesn’t be included in coreboot, how can I include EC code into my coreboot bin file? Use ME?
EC is generally embedded on the motherboard and coreboot isn't that
involved with it.
> 2. How can I get EC bin file from OEM bios
Not sure, I hope someone else will answer.
>   and how can I get  VBIOS from OEM bios?
Instructions are on the wiki.
> 3. I have ME9, ME10 and ME11 firmware now, which ME I must use to integrate my coreboot rom and EC
Depends on the CPU version.
Of course if you are looking to learn you can also port a pre-PSP AMD
board which doesn't need any of this, I suggest this as there are some
very cheap and widely available board models that are still new enough
to be worth doing.
I also suggest the ivy bridge xeon counterpart, that would also be useful.
> 4. How can I use SF-100 to flash bios into mainboard, welding jumper?
Hm? I use a USB CH341A with my removable dip8 chips and a test clip for
the soic-8 chips.
> 5. Most coreboot projects don’t use tiano core to port them, but I am a OEM BIOS engineer and I already use tiano architecture 7 years, so I hope I can use tiano core to be payload, does everyone know which coreboot project does use tiano core to be payload?
You are able to pick a payload with any coreboot board.
> P.S. Please forgive my poor English, thank!!
Welcome :D