[coreboot] usb3/xhci issues with coreboot on Thinkpad x230

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Thu Jan 4 23:19:14 CET 2018

On 04.01.2018 15:31, merino at aaathats3as.com wrote:
> On 2018-01-02 20:49, Nico Huber wrote:
>> As you mentioned that you didn't change other settings, may I assume
>> that you run the same ME firmware with coreboot and vendor during your
>> tests? also, is your ME firmware in its original state?
>
> I'm sorry, I missed that. Intel ME was neutralized with me_cleaner.
> This is for both my tests with coreboot and with stock BIOS.

Please always retest with fully functional ME firmware.

>> please send a coreboot log taken with `cbmem -c` (you can find cbmem in
>> util/cbmem/ in the coreboot source tree).
>
> Here is one with the same coreboot version/build as it was in the dmesg
> output in my bug report on the openbsd-bugs ml.

Thanks. I can't find anything suspicious. Though, coreboot doesn't have
to do much for USB controllers anyway.

Some more questions:
o Are the drives you tested all SuperSpeed devices?
o Do the ports work when using the EHCI controller?
   (The ports can be switched to either xHCI or EHCI. In Linux you'd
    just only load the EHCI driver and not the xHCI one, don't know
    about OpenBSD.)
o Did you ever test with another OS?
o Can you provide a dmesg from a run with vendor BIOS?
o Can OpenBSD boot/run without BIOS help? If so, could you test with
   a different payload?

Nico