[coreboot] Atom c3000 Harcuvar and Intel ME

Szafranski, MariuszX mariuszx.szafranski at intel.com
Tue Feb 27 16:05:20 CET 2018

Hi,

In case of Harcuvar CRB we have 16M SPI flash: first 8M for ME (which is outside of CBFS) and last 8M for coreboot.
We need to specify two things in coreboot config:

-          ROM chip size – 16M – physical size of SPI flash (needed for correct flash offset calculations inside coreboot code)

-          Size of CBFS filesystem in ROM – 8M (0x800000) or less
16M coreboot.rom file should be built with above config.
You need to manually inject 8M ME blob at offset 0 into ‘coreboot.rom’ file.
Or just flash last 8M from coreboot.rom into last 8M of SPI flash if ME blob is already there.

Mariusz