[coreboot] Atom c3000 Harcuvar and Intel ME

Philipp Stanner stanner at posteo.de
Mon Feb 26 23:42:47 CET 2018

Am Montag, den 26.02.2018, 17:14 -0300 schrieb Sumo:
> Hi,
>
> In the coreboot build menu there is no option regarding the Intel ME
> integration.
> The 'coreboot.rom' file is the full SPI flash image or this file is
> suitable to
> replace the BIOS region of the SPI flash (0x00800000--0x00ffffff)?
> (i.e. in the SPI flash we already have a region for Intel ME
> firmware)

I'm not sure what the question is.

When configuring CB with menuconfig you have to select your platform
and type in the path to your ME-binary-blob. The later has to be
provided by you; meaning you have to extract the BIOS from the flash,
extract the ME-binary using coreboot/utils, clean it with ME-cleaner
(optional) and then build coreboot with your blob.

The toolchain takes care automatically about the correct placement of
the ME in the right address-ranges.

I hope this was helpful.