[coreboot] Why does the Opteron 6328/6220 have two NUMA nodes?

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sat Feb 3 19:59:17 CET 2018

Hi Taiidan,

On 03.02.2018 18:20, Taiidan at gmx.com wrote:
> Despite that probable memory slowdown I have noticed a significant
> gaming performance increase with my higher clocked 8 core vs my slower
> clocked 16 core but I am curious as to if it would be worth it to use a
> C32 board for gaming instead.

I would test that indeed. Games are often designed/optimized for very
simple dual/quad core cases (number increasing, though). There also
exist six-core C32 K10 processors, and, IIRC, they had a dedicated FPU
per core. Maybe it's worth testing them as well, if you have a game
that makes use of more than 4 threads.

Nico