[coreboot] Why does the Opteron 6328/6220 have two NUMA nodes?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sat Feb 3 18:20:31 CET 2018

On 02/02/2018 09:17 PM, Robert Reeves wrote:

> Socket C32 uses a single die per package, G34 is always a dual die MCM, even if it's merely one of the 4 or 8 core SKUs. This is because it needs the dual channel memory controllers from two bulldozer dies in order to support the quad channel memory of G34 platforms.
Very interesting thank you, I have updated the wiki with this information.

What would be the local node>node memory access penalty?

Despite that probable memory slowdown I have noticed a significant
gaming performance increase with my higher clocked 8 core vs my slower
clocked 16 core but I am curious as to if it would be worth it to use a
C32 board for gaming instead.