[coreboot] Asus KGPE-D16 with latest coreboot errors with Unsupported Hardware on Qubes 4 install missing IOMMU?

petecb petecb at protonmail.com
Sat Dec 1 17:21:56 CET 2018

In addition to the previous info, I have found this code in sata.c, located at src/southbridge/amd/sb700 :

	/* Below is CIM InitSataLateFar */
	if (sata_ahci_mode) {
		/* Disable combined mode */
		byte = pci_read_config8(sm_dev, 0xad);
		byte &= ~(1 << 3);
		pci_write_config8(sm_dev, 0xad, byte);
	} else {
		/* Enable interrupts from the HBA  */
		byte = read8(sata_bar5 + 0x4);
		byte |= 1 << 1;
		write8((sata_bar5 + 0x4), byte);
	}

I'm wondering if my problem is related to not having any SATA drives installed? (I just have a PCI-E SSD). It may be the case that the logic to disable combined mode is not getting triggered in my scenario, yet it would do if there was a SATA drive present.