[coreboot] Asus KGPE-D16 with latest coreboot errors with Unsupported Hardware on Qubes 4 install missing IOMMU?

petecb petecb at protonmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:45:07 CET 2018

No worries, please find it attached.

This output looks a little more helpful as it contains the line:
AMD-Vi: SP5100 erratum 28 detected, disabling IOMMU.

I've discovered this thread that refers to it:
https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2017-November/085440.html

It appears to be an issue with combined sata mode being enabled.
In this case the fix may be to make an amendment to the coreboot source code to disable combined sata mode and then rebuilding it and flashing it. If this is the best route, is there any guidance you can provide?

However, I have just seen this post from you that indicates that this error doesn't crop up in Xen 4.10
https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2017-November/085542.html

Is it straightforward to configure an install of Qubes 4 with Xen 4.10?

Kind regards,

Pete

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.