[coreboot] T450S + Coreboot

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Mon Aug 27 03:55:04 CEST 2018

Pointless IMO.

I doubt those guys have the skill to do so but for those who do - you'd
spend tens of thousands in order to have a port for an old machine that
still is stuck with ME and hardware init done entirely by binary blobs.

I would save your money and instead buy an ivy/sandybridge thinkpad (can
nerf the ME - but not disable which is impossible) or a G505S (owner
controlled, no ME/PSP) and maybe also buy a KCMA-D8 (libre firmware, no
ME/PSP thus owner controlled and can play the latest games at max
settings in a VM with a good AMD graphics card) or TALOS 2 (open source
firmware, it is a brand new high performance OpenPOWER system, it is a
true special rarity) etc.