[coreboot] Build fails on Thinkpad W520

Iru Cai mytbk920423 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 10:44:47 CEST 2018

commit 9fe248fb removes the use of addr and reg variable in this function,
that's why this code doesn't compile with CONFIG_DEBUG_RAM_SETUP.
I've submitted a fix for this:
https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/coreboot/+/28117/
or remove the printram statement?

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 4:27 PM, Andreas Restle <andreas.restle at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Nico,
>
> thanks for the quick reply. If it’s on, it must have been by accident.
> I’ll check later today and report back.
>
> Building with the same .config worked fine two weeks ago though. But your
> last sentence probably is an explanation for that.
>
> Viele Grüße
>
> Andreas Restle
>

> --
> <°)))><
> Andreas Restle
> andreas.restle at gmail.com
>
> On 16. Aug 2018, at 10:10, Nico Huber <nico.h at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On 16.08.2018 08:25, Andreas Restle wrote:
>
> Building coreboot for Thinkpad W520 currently fails with the following
>
> error:
>

>    CC         romstage/northbridge/intel/sandybridge/raminit_common.o
>
> In file included from src/northbridge/intel/sandybridge/raminit_common.c:
> 18:
>
> src/northbridge/intel/sandybridge/raminit_common.c: In function
>
> 'dram_odt_stretch':
>
> src/northbridge/intel/sandybridge/raminit_common.c:211:49: error: 'reg'
>
> undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'prog'?
>
>   printram("OTHP Workaround [%x] = %x\n", addr, reg);
>

> it seems you have CONFIG_DEBUG_RAM_SETUP enabled. This is really only
> for debugging and nothing for end users / production builds. Debugging
> code is often broken (even when it does compile).
>
> Nico
>

> --

My website: https://vimacs.lcpu.club

Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send
OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/