[coreboot] Reducing the boot time

Matt DeVillier matt.devillier at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 09:44:53 CEST 2018

assuming you've built with CONFIG_COLLECT_TIMESTAMPS=y, you can build/run
the cbmem utility and see how long each stage/section of coreboot is taking
(up to the point of handing off control to the payload).  30s to boot
sounds like either you're not caching the RAM training data (MRC cache) and
therefore redoing RAM training each time, or outputting the boot console to
a non-existent serial port (which can slow everything down).  Whatever it
is, looking at the timestamps will go a long way towards identifying the
issue