[coreboot] Open Source Firmware Conference 2018

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineering.com
Mon Apr 23 01:01:00 CEST 2018

Sounds interesting!  Is it possible to add another open firmware to the
current list of projects, the OpenPOWER stack? [1]

Would also be interesting to add OpenBMC since the BMC plays an
ever-increasing role in server management [2].

Both of those projects are currently shipping on the Talos II systems,
with full source available [3].  This provides an interesting
counterpoint to the standard closed AMI host / AMI BMC stack.

[1] https://github.com/open-power
[2] https://github.com/openbmc
[3] https://git.raptorcs.com/git/

On 04/22/2018 07:08 AM, Zaolin wrote:

> Hi There!
>
> On behalf of the 9elements GmbH and the Siemens AG,
> I would like to invite you to the Open Source Firmware Conference 2018,
> that is going to be held from **September 12th to 15th* *in Erlangen,
> Germany.
>
> Open source has revolutionised the process of software development.
> However, firmware has traditionally been developed closed source by
> hardware manufacturers.
>
> Today’s use cases have new requirements regarding security and features
> like running web browser inside the firmware.
>
> Our conference is for everyone who is interested in the use cases and
> possibilities offered by open source firmware development.
>
> The OSFC 2018 is the first conference which focuses on all Open Source
> firmware projects.
>
> We aim to bring together as many Open Source firmware projects, hardware
> manufacturers and developers as possible to collaborate and share their
> knowledge.
>
> Projects who will join our conference so far: LinuxBoot, coreboot and
> Tianocore.
>
> Four days full of talks, workshops and a hackathon await you. Join OSFC
> 2018 and let us change the way of firmware development together!
>
> Further information: www.osfc.io <http://www.osfc.io/>
> Newsletter: https://goo.gl/7JF7NW
> Twitter: osfc_io

- --