[coreboot] asrock-B75-pro3-m

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Wed Apr 18 06:06:09 CEST 2018

On 04/17/2018 06:11 PM, Nico Huber wrote:

> even if the board wasn't supported yet: Thanks to the complete open-
> source code for Sandy/Ivy Bridge and best coreboot code quality, it
> usually takes about 1 day for a lucky expert to port one of these
> boards. 1 or 2 weeks for an unlucky one.
Do you mean an expert as in someone who is a decent programmer without
coreboot experience (ex: type of person that asks if board X is
supported) or an expert as in someone like timothy pearson or kyosti
malkki firmware extraordinaires?
> It might not be your intention, but you are spreading a lot of FUD
> against coreboot.
It is what I was told by a few people, and what I saw here.
https://www.coreboot.org/Developer_Manual#How_to_support_a_new_board
"This can take from an hour of time to a few months based upon your
coding skills and hardware issues."
Maybe you should update that page?