[coreboot] KGPE-D16 / Problem booting with two CPUs

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineering.com
Wed Apr 11 20:44:37 CEST 2018

I don't know if coreboot has support for differing CPUs in the same
mainboard; it's not something I can recall testing at any point.

The failure is occurring far before memory initialization, in CAR, in
core setup.  I'd guess it has something to do with the two CPUs you have
installed having different core counts.

Does the vendor BIOS print a message about the core count being limited
on one of the CPUs for compatibility reasons?

On 04/11/2018 12:57 PM, Elisenda Cuadros wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After testing the board for some weeks I bought another CPU (6276). I
> installed this into CPU1 slot and a 6238 in CPU2.
>
> I checked that both CPUs are shining and also the memory (Micron
> MT18JSF25672PDZ-1G4F1DD, populated in A2/C2/E2/G2 slots).
>
> The problem is that Coreboot seems to hang at the beginning. I attach
> console.log.
>
> I reinstalled all the devices twice, checked the vendor manual, docs in
> coreboot.org, messages in mailing list, but I don't know what is causing
> the problem.
>
> Last test I've done is booting with vendor bios, and it boots without
> problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Regards,