[coreboot] Looking for a volunteer to add Fam15h spectre MSR to coreboot

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:17:06 CEST 2018

Line 869 - "const int amd_erratum_319[] =" --- is this code really
against the Spectre, or its more like against the erratas in general?
Also, What if someone would like to use either a Linux distro which
hasnt been upgraded to the latest kernels, or maybe some alternative
OS like FreeDOS or Kolibri? I think Taiidan has a good point: the
availability of protection from this vulnerability should not depend
on your OS and the version of your Linux kernel.

Are there any existing MSR writes inside the coreboot code, so that
they could be copied and modified into the MSR of Taiidan's interest?
(MSR C001_1029[1]=1) Maybe that MSR write would even be a C code
1-liner?

Best regards,
Mike Banon