[coreboot] How to handle vbt.bin

Matt DeVillier matt.devillier at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 18:15:31 CEST 2018

my instinct is to put it in the 3rd party blobs repo, since it's added to
the CBFS w/o modification (ie, is treated like a blob), unlike the SPD hex
files which are selectively ordered and assembled into the spd.bin (ie,
treated as source).

For the example case you sited of users building coreboot images for
Chromebooks (eg), they still need numerous other platform/device specific
blobs (ie, FSP), so having the vbt alone in the main repo is really not of
any consequence.  I'd also like to see those other required blobs in the
3rd party blobs repo, but that's an entirely separate issue :)