[coreboot] coreboot Digest, Vol 152, Issue 25

Alexandre Desnoyers alex at qtec.com
Wed Oct 18 14:57:15 CEST 2017

Hi Peter,

We only used Coreboot on the FT1 for testing some audio codec
initialization and PCIe hotplug before requesting our proprietary BIOS
vendor to make the modifications.  We've not used Coreboot in production
for this project.  So there is no wishes from our SW developer to
support Coreboot on our FT1 platform.

Basically, for us, Coreboot on the FT1 was a proof of concept to prove
that it's actually working and can be used for board bring-up by
enabling all the AGESA debugging output.

We have our new custom FP4 SoC module using Coreboot that my colleague
Ricardo Ribalda will try to upstream in the next few months.  We just
need more real-life testing before we upstream. If by chance you are at
the Embedded Linux Conference Europe next week, you can see our demo on
Tuesday October 24th between 17h35 and 19h30, and talk with Ricardo.

Thank you

Alexandre Desnoyers
Electronic Design Engineer
Qtechnology A/S