[coreboot] KGPE-D16/KCMA-D8 TPM support?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sat Oct 7 19:10:50 CEST 2017

On 10/07/2017 11:14 AM, Thierry Laurion wrote:

> Any input on TPM since that post? I am planning on beginning to work on
> heads KGPE-D16 heads support, server/workstation on which Qubes v4 actually
> works. Initialisation of TPM throws errors on from Qubes, but it isn't
> owned yet, and haven't played with it yet.
I found this.
http://anzwix.com/a/Coreboot/Mbasuskgped16AddTPMSupport
So yeah it seems it works, with the appropriate module.

 From the reviews on that it seems it doesn't work on older motherboards
as it is a TPM 2.0 - I would ask asus as to which version the boards
support.

> Bought this <https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01EU542SG/>.
> Thierry
FYI there are a lot of independent small retailers that have better
prices than amazon when it comes to this board family and accessories,
next time you buy something input the model number in your favorite
search engine. (ex: amazon has kcma-d8 for $280, other places have it
for $250 - and you don't have to support AI research if you buy from them)

Also thanks for doing heads for this, it would be nice for it to support
some actually libre boards - and it is good to promote these boards for
qubes as well as they are truly great for it (lots of cores, ram and
expansion slots)