[coreboot] Intel Leaf Hill Coreboot Trouble

Tahnia Lichtenstein unlich at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 15:52:56 CEST 2017

Hi Cameron,

I am unfortunately not able to help you, since I myself am still new to
coreboot (and to BIOS development in general).

However, I have also tried to produce a bootable image with the outdated
Intel provided release of coreboot and U-Boot for Leafhill. The image does
run, but U-Boot cannot start the USB controller, so I cannot load an OS
(Yocto, in this case) via USB. When I run the U-Boot "usb start" command,
it says "No controllers found".

When you ran the Intel-provided version (stitched with the Windows tool),
did you experience any similar problems with the USB controller in U-Boot?
If so, did you manage to solve it?

I am not sure where to start debugging this problem! I tried to build
U-Boot myself and changed the U-Boot configuration to include USB
controllers (which is disabled in the config provided by the Intel patch),
but this produced a lot of "redeclaration of symbols" warnings and made no
difference to what I see in run-time. (Modified config attached).

Like Peter said earlier... "Firmware development is lots of fun! :)"

Best regards,
Tahnia