[coreboot] Ability to remotely debug the grub menu in case of boot failure

Anshuman Aggarwal anshuman.aggarwal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 11:54:50 CEST 2017

@Taiidan, as much as I love all things libre, my budget doesn't come
close to buying those motherboards :(. I like the idea of using
another machine to view the grub serial. Maybe using a Raspberry Pi
etc.

@ron, I assume you mean a livecd like alternative which I can connect
to and use to debug the issue? The only problem I see with that is
that I cannot see the issue with the machine as it boots so in the off
chance that something in the distro is corrupted I won't be able to
figure it out with interacting with a live boot session.

Out of curiosity, is this a limitation to what is possible in the BIOS
or that nobody has found the need to do this sort of remote control
using the BIOS yet?