[coreboot] rs232 Keyboard

Tiago Sá Marques samarques.tiago at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 09:59:23 CEST 2017

So I'm not sure if this is a coreboot issue - sorry in advance if not - but
I have to start somewhere:

I'm connecting to an embedded device using a serial port (rs232). This
device starts Coreboot, then syslinux (extlinux) and finally a custom linux
distribution. Sometimes I want to stop syslinux and choose another boot
option (in its boot prompt) - by clicking the ESC key.

My problem is: the keyboard doesn't work, i.e. I get the boot prompt, but
can't write. I've already tried adding sgabios to our precompiled coreboot
rom, as per [1], and I can check that it was added (I suppose), given
cbfstool's output:

Name                           Offset     Type         Size
vsa                            0x0        stage        57532
vgaroms/sgabios.bin            0xe100     raw          4096
(empty)                        0xf140     null         3608
fallback/romstage              0xff80     stage        18947
fallback/coreboot_ram          0x14a00    stage        89248
fallback/payload               0x2a700    payload      40356
(empty)                        0x34500    null         309256

but still, the keyboard doesn't work. Is this not a coreboot issue? What
can I do to further debug the problem?

ps: when answering please add me to CC as I'm not subscribed to the mailing
list

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.bios.coreboot.seabios/9650

Thanks,

tsm