[coreboot] Coreboot support on H8SGL-F

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sat Nov 11 21:50:30 CET 2017

On 11/02/2017 05:29 AM, Lucian Cojocar wrote:

> What is the impact of having no IOMMU support? Is it just that most of
> the devices won't work? Or is it that I won't be able to access (and
> run) from the main DRAM?
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!
It means that you wouldn't be able to attach physical devices to a VM
and the system wouldn't be protected from DMA attacks.
> My goal is to run some memory reliability tests with (a modified)
> memtest. In terms of IO, it would be enough if I get the serial working
> after coreboot+payload and also if I can access the DRAM controller (via
> some PCI addresses). I'm mostly interested in playing with the part of
> coreboot (actually AGESA) that does the initialization of the memory
> controller. For these tests I only need one core.
Good luck :]
I eagerly await the results.
> An extra feature would be to be able to revert to old BIOS -- for this I
> plan to re-program the flash with its initial contents by using some
> soldering/clips. Is there a easier way? e.g. can I do it from my
> /hopefully somewhat functional/ coreboot?
You can flash the BIOS from coreboot yes
Coreboot>OEM
OR
coreboot>coreboot
but not
OEM>coreboot (as the CMOS needs resetting manually if you do this
according to the wiki)