[coreboot] Problems changing payload on Intel Leaf Hill

Scheithauer, Mario Mario.Scheithauer at siemens.com
Wed Nov 1 16:28:45 CET 2017

Hi Tahnia,

We have an APL CRB Oxbow Hill (B0-stepping) with coreboot (master) + SeaBios (master) running.
Attached are all necessary coreboot adaptions and the config file for SeaBios.
After the generation, a hack in coreboot.rom is still necessary so that SeaBios can find the VBIOS.
SeaBios expects at the end of the CBFS the address from the beginning of the CBFS section (see SeaBiosPointer.jpg).
Furthermore you have to pay attention to the IGD PCI ID. Intel uses different PCI Device IDs in different CPU versions for IGD (5a84 or 5a85).
The console output only works via MMIO on the CRB. Therefore you need the LPSS UART0 Micro USB port.
With all these adjustments we can boot a system on the CRB and have full console output.
Now you just need all the necessary blobs around coreboot (IFWI, FSP, VBIOS, uCode).
You can use the Intel FIT tool to separate the most of the components from the original BIOS.

Hope that helps,
Mario