[coreboot] OliveHillPlus board GPP PCIe ports - No link before AGESA Calls.

Abhishek Chaudhary abhi.cpp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 17:21:12 CET 2017

Hi Everyone,

I am working  onAMD OliveHillPlus board that has AMD G-series - Steppe
eagle (Mullins, Family 16h Model 30h-3Fh).

I am running coreboot that calls AGESA APIs to initialize the platform.

What i observed is the GPP PCIe ports (Device 2, Func 1,2,3,4)
doesn't indicate link as active unless amdinitreset, amdinitearly,
and amdinitpost calls are made.

My question is, in Bootlog for OliveHillPlus has serail prints before any
AGESA calls. Since serial port must be connected on GPP PCIe port and these
ports are not active before first 3 AGESA calls, how serial port is able to
communicate?

When i connected a OXPCI serial card on mini PICe port that Coreboot
supports, the serial card was not getting initialized by Coreboot.

Is there some way to configure the PCIe ports early enough (before making
any AGESA call)?

Any inputs will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Abhishek.