[coreboot] Problems changing payload on Intel Leaf Hill

Tahnia Lichtenstein unlich at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 08:15:34 CET 2017

Hi Ahwan,

CONFIG_VGA_BIOS_ID="1106,3230"  (how to know and confirm this is my ID? is
this important?)

Run a linux instance on the board (using the BIOS/bootloader that came with
the board) and run the following command in a linux terminal:
lspci -nn

This will give you a list of PCI devices with their device ID's, search for
the VGA device in this list. On my Oxbow Hill the VGA device's ID
is 8086,5a84 (I think most onboard Intel devices start with 8086, and I
think Intel's display devices are standardised to be either 5a84 or 5a85...
but I am speaking under correction).

I have this configured (and at last it's working, yay!!!! Much joy!)
CONFIG_VGA_BIOS_ID="8086,5a84"
# CONFIG_ONBOARD_VGA_IS_PRIMARY is not set
CONFIG_VGA_BIOS=y
CONFIG_VGA_BIOS_FILE="../intel/fsp/mainboard/leafhill/bxt_1003.dat" (this
file came with the Intel distribution of coreboot,
named Apollo_Lake_CB_MR1, Apollo_Lake_CB_MR2 or Apollo_Lake_CB_MR3. You can
ask your FAE for these folders, as I think the links are no longer
available for download anymore.)
CONFIG_GOP_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_VBT_FILE="../intel/fsp/mainboard/leafhill/vbt.dat"

My config file is attached, but I am not currently using coreboot master, I
am using the above mentioned Intel variants of coreboot (based on very
outdated coreboot commit!) So there will be drastic differences with
regards to coreboot architecture, and not sure if my VGA setup will work
with coreboot master branch. Not sure yet if I am going to migrate to
coreboot master branch.

Good luck :)

Tahnia