[coreboot] Denverton NS dependency on Harcuvar Board

Julien Viard de Galbert jviarddegalbert at online.net
Fri Nov 3 15:57:12 CET 2017

Hello coreboot developers and Denverton Maintainers,

As the Denverton support has been integrated, I tried to port our changes over
it and see what can be contributed...
The first thing I noticed was that there is a hard dependency from the chip
to the harcuvar board which looked really wrong and prevented me to add our
board. (see bellow for the details)

So I propose some changes to fix this in [1] and [2].
 [1] https://review.coreboot.org/22309/
 [2] https://review.coreboot.org/22310/

I also did a quick port of the Cormorant Lake CRB in [3] and [4]; but as
Paul Menzel commented it should probably be a variant instead of a full board.
 [3] https://review.coreboot.org/22309/
 [4] https://review.coreboot.org/22311/

However it serve to demonstrate the issue as Jenkins caught it at [5]:
The file "harcuvar_boardid.h" is located in "src/mainboard/intel/harcuvar"
but is included from "src/soc/intel/denverton_ns" in "romstage.c" and "chip.c".

 [5] https://qa.coreboot.org/job/coreboot-gerrit/62870/testReport/(root)/board/INTEL_CORMORANT/
For the record, the log ends with:
| src/soc/intel/denverton_ns/romstage.c:19:30: fatal error: harcuvar_boardid.h: No such file or directory
| #include <harcuvar_boardid.h>

To conclude,

I think the current Cormorant Lake CRB patches can be dropped however I'd like
to keep them around until a solution is found (either by merging the patches in
[1] and [2]; or any other solutions)

Best Regards,

Julien VdG

P.S.: I'm still learning to use gerrit