[coreboot] Current, BLOB free laptop available Europe?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 31 08:32:05 CEST 2017

Dear Mike,

Am Dienstag, den 23.05.2017, 11:39 +0300 schrieb PeerCorps Trust Fund:
> Vikings in Germany has this: https://store.vikings.net/libre-friendly
> -hardware/x200-ryf-certfied
>
> I suppose these don't necessarily count as "new" as in right from the
> factory floor, but depending on your use case it might be worth a
> look. It is FSF certified.

Thank you for your reply, although I already new about that. For
laptops I don’t want to buy Intel x86 devices for two reasons.

   1. The firmware of the embedded controller is still a proprietary.
   2. As Lenovo and Intel did not help in any way to get coreboot going on
      these devices, and don’t want to support them, by increasing the
      demand and therefore value of these devices. I rather want to
      support vendors shipping coreboot directly. So it looks like
      ARM/MIPS devices are the only choice right now.

Thanks,

Paul