[coreboot] Intel me problems

Alejandro Flores af49880 at gmail.com
Thu May 25 01:34:22 CEST 2017

Problem is solved. I was using an old precompiled version of flashrom to
write the bios. When I compiled a new binary from latest source it gave an
error when I tried to write the rom.

It said it would be unable to write to ME since the ME is currently active
and in use. The old binary hadn't given any error and presumably tried to
write to ME and failed silently leaving some mix of new and old that failed
signature verification.

I confirmed this by using a hardware writer to verify first that the rom on
chip is not the rom I intended to write and then writng the correct rom.

ME now works as expected. I wonder though if this is expected behavior to
be unable to flash the ME from a running system or if it is just my model
of laptop?