[coreboot] Intel me problems

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Tue May 23 13:50:59 CEST 2017

On 23.05.2017 00:58, Alejandro Flores wrote:
> Ok, so the image John uploaded of a known good me is exactly the same as
> the one I have been using that fails.  The shasums match exactly.  So I
> thought maybe somehow it is getting corrupted when coreboot creates the
> rom.  I used the unhuffme tool to examine both the raw me image and the
> coreboot.rom file I am currently using.  Both are identical except the full
> rom has 4 extra lines regarding the location of flash regions at the top.

If the ME image is known good, how about your firmware descriptor? the
first 4KiB on the flash. Did you verify that they are still the same as
in the original?

You can compare two binaries simply with `cmp`. It'll tell you the
position of the first mismatching byte. If that is below 4096, better
write back the descriptor from the original image. You can use flash-
rom's layout option for that (see `man flashrom`).

Nico